[Wylug-discuss] I am going to see Master of the recycling bin - Do you have any questions.

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Tue Mar 30 21:15:41 BST 2004

Well I have been told I can name a time and date for going to see the
recycling tsar at Leeds City Council.
So in order to prepare fully I thought I'd take some questions from as
many people as I can and then do a sort of fact finding thing.
Now I definately wanted to know about the Indonesian rumour - does all
the green bin waste go to the Third world and do supermarket carrier
bags pollute their once beautiful Islands?
What is _actually_ recycled and what is wasted?
What plans are there to start educating people that using lots and lots
of packaging is not only harmful but expensive (sometimes more than the
food/item)
What can I do with the box full of AMD chips I've burnt over the years
and all the other accumulated dead computer parts. Can they get recycled?
Why isn't there a scheme for companies to recycle? I don't see any green
bins in most office complexes.
Is there a plan to do neighbourhood watch like schemes on this. I'd
rather my taxes were doing some good than just hassling the kids?

My questions are starting get a bit like my three year olds "But why" ones.
I'll report back what I find. Hopefully with pictures, figures and find
out if they use OSI approved stuff on anything.

Shaun Laughey.