[Wylug-discuss] I am going to see Master of the recycling bin - Do you have any questions.

Cross, Roland [CCS] R.Cross at leedsmet.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 10:27:16 BST 2004

If you are going to investigte recycling of IT Equipment, you might want to visit Roseville Enterprises which is a company set up by Leeds City Council to recycle redundant equipment from business. They collect equipment free of charge (although that may only be with us because we are a large business) and accept working and faulty kit.

If the equipment is catalogued before sending, then they will also give the business a report on how the equipment has been redistributed, used as spares or scrapped etc. (e.g many children in care in Leeds have received equipment from this source). They also provide supported employment for disabled people and you can find more information at http://www.through-the-maze.org.uk/pages/RosevilleEnterprises

Many business now have IT recycling policies in place (e.g. http://www.lmu.ac.uk/local/fin/purch/disp-pro.htm) and are obliged to be reviewing this under ISO 14001.

Roland Cross
Operations Manager
Computing Services