[Wylug-discuss] EU Software patents protest

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Mon May 10 11:36:12 BST 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 11:24, Dave Fisher wrote:
> While I support the campaign's objectives, I don't really understand the
> tactics.
>
> How does shutting down sources of open source information, including
> anti-patents sites, actually further the cause?
The templates I've seen on the FFII site are not shutting down the sources of
information, they just interrupt a user's jorney to their destination with a
high profile message. The cause would obviously benefit more if the message
was visible not just on open source websites, but on high profile websites
not related to, but driven by, free and open source software.

I'm sure that better tactics could be employed, and that the FFII would be
grateful to hear of any great ways of kicking up a newsworthy stink in short
order! Meanwhile, I think it is better to do a little than to do nothing :)

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll