[Wylug-discuss] EU Software patents protest

Robert Speed rms at ukshells.co.uk
Thu May 13 13:38:37 BST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Phil Driscoll wrote:

> I'm sure that better tactics could be employed, and that the FFII would be
> grateful to hear of any great ways of kicking up a newsworthy stink in short
> order! Meanwhile, I think it is better to do a little than to do nothing :)

Agreed - sticking our heads in the sand really isn't going to prevent
Software Patents in the EU.
Similarly, electronic means of a rallying cry really aren't going to be
heard.

Not having checked the logs on wylug.org.uk I can't say, but I suspect
that Tony 'W' Blair won't have had a nosey...

More likely, a concerted and co-ordinated effort to physically 'say'
something at number 10 might create slightly more awareness.
Interestingly, would advertising space at certain locations in London
be better ?
OK, I'm not advocating dragging billboard up the Thames on a dredger,
just a well co-ordinated campaign.
Possibly even with an easily recognisable logo ?

Naaaa - forget it, I'm just rabbiting on again - I'll shut up...

Rob.