[Wylug-discuss] Help Wanted with Linux Conference in Leeds

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun May 16 11:49:17 BST 2004

As some of you may know, the annual UKUUG Linux conference is in Leeds
this year (August 5th-8th to be precise).  We've now reached the stage
where we could do with some help organizing and arranging this.  Most of
the tasks aren't particularly glamorous we they do need doing, and I'm
sure Wyluggers will share a desire for the conference on our 'home'
patch to run as smoothly as possible and give the best possible
impression to those travelling from elsewhere.

Things that need doing include:

  * liaising with the Leeds University and sorting out the net access
  * driving along the major routes in to Leeds with a (passenger with a)
    digital camera, making directions of exactly how to get here
  * contacting bus and coach companies and determining the best way to
    ship people across Leeds city centre
  * contacting caterers and determining who can provide what and for
    what cost
  * arranging evening entertainment

Please consider whether you can offer some time to help with this.  If
you can, please get in touch with me!

Cheers.

Smylers