[Wylug-discuss] Adding a wireless router to an existing network

gARetH baBB hick.wylug at gink.org
Mon Nov 1 10:18:45 GMT 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Dan Walker wrote:

> the 'matching card' - KLS-520 - on
>
> http://www.kcorplifestyle.com/products/silverSeries/KLS-520/KLS-520.htm

The matching KCorp card is

http://www.kcorplifestyle.com/products/goldSeries/KLG-520/KLG-520.htm

also Atheros based.

Note, the KLG-575 and KLG-520 are both in KCorp's "Gold Series", where as
the KLS-520 is "Silver Series".

But as said, you could pick up any Globalsuntech GL2454RT-QA based router
and it would perform in exactly the same way. Same goes for the card too.

There's only a few manufacturer now of this stuff, mainly in Taiwan or
China - and plenty of people just putting their name on the box and
giving out essentially the same firmware with just their name on the
admin web pages, manual etc.

> I confess that I know little-to-nothing about WiFi, but Computer Shopper
> is normally quite reliable for their head-to-head lab tests.

Sounds like they haven't got a clue what they are doing.