[Wylug-discuss] Webtraffiker

Mark Ruddell ruddell at eurobell.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 17:02:51 GMT 2004

Dear listees,

I've been lurking here trying to understand what it's all about. I'm
sorry to display my ignorance so. I had thought that Free Software was
(amongst other things) about freeing the consumer from the systematic
deceptions upon which all marketing relies. How can you guys even engage
with this SEO crap?

All these techniques to interfere with the sequence of results people
find when they do a search are a way of distorting reality. It's lying.
It's wrong.

I'm sorry to be ranting, I really must have got the wrong end of the
stick somewhere. Can anyone explain?

Mark Ruddell