[Wylug-discuss] Webtraffiker

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 17:19:17 GMT 2004

Hi Mark,

It does look like you've got the wrong end of the stick on two counts:

  1. Lots of OSS supporters are greedy capitalist swine who like OSS
  precisely because it frees markets from some of their social
  contraints (like the cultural interia which underlies Microsoft's
  monopoly power).

  2. It doesn't make much sense to bother writing a website that no one
  sees.  One of the side-effects of elegant standards compliant web
  design is a higher search engine rank.  Does that mean that search
  engine optimisation is OK, if you don't do it on purpose?

Dave