[Wylug-discuss] Experience with embedded Linux

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 12:22:01 GMT 2004

As it happens I'm playing with an ARM Single Board Computer at the moment.
It's a TS7200 from Technologics in the states and it comes with a full
Linux kernel in onboard flash, and the outfit provide a cross-compilation
tool chain (so you can compile ARM binaries on an X86 based linux box)
and the image of a complete debain-arm development native environment.

   http://www.embeddedx86.com/epc/ts7200-spec-h.php

It's the cheapest ARM I've seen around. I just bought a board with the ADC
option - you don't need a development kit.

see

      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/jj/linux/arm-sbc.html

for more info.

No need to write TCP/IP stacks or stuff like that (unless you want to - of
course).

Jim