[Wylug-discuss] WYLUG - futures......

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 11:03:13 BST 2005

Hi All,

As some of you may know, I'm taking early retirement at the end of
October. On several fronts I'm considering what I do, and have decided to
stand back from being main "organiser" for WYLUG at the end of this year.
I will have done the "job" for 8 years, with lots of help and assistance
from lots of people, and on the whole have thoroughly enjoyed it. To be
honest though, the whole open source has moved on, and I feel a little
adrift from developments - time for others to take up the baton - try new
things etc.

I have a few comments....

  - I'd recommend we transmute the wylug-advocacy email list to
    wylug-admin as an email list to support organisational and admin
    functions, so people not interesting in the minutiae of this stuff
    don't have to suffer it on wylug-discuss :-)

  - The plans for the newbie thread for next year need firming up
    and might need a few people getting together to flesh it out, identify
    people to arm-twist into doing the presentations, etc etc

  - We need to negotiate with the School of Computing the continuing access
    to the room, and, using WYLUG members who work there, the access
    arrangements after I leave. I don't forsee a problem.

All the best
Jim