[Wylug-discuss] instant boot on power on........

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 9 13:51:37 GMT 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Many mobo's need the front panel "power" button to be pressed before they
> boot. I've a situation where I need a computer to boot when I apply mains
> power, without pressing the "power" button. I don't see any BIOS options
> controlling this behaviour.
>
> Anyone any ideas or pointers. Googling has drawn a blank - though that
> maybe a lack of immagination as to useful search terms.

A decent BIOS would have an entry for power fail behaviour (normally with a
three way toggle (off, on, whatever it was at before the power failed).

Assuming you're right and yours doesn't:

http://www.directron.com/2powersupplies.html#atxswitch

I'm not sure if powering up the PSU is enough to make the machine boot.  I'm
naively hoping so, in which case just bob in a switch.

jh

--
"Blessed be those who initiate lively discussions with the hopelessly mute,
  for they shall be know as Dentists."                -- Anon.