[Wylug-discuss] linux laptop

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 13:52:19 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 07:19:42PM +0000, Mischa Oliver Altmann wrote:
> Also -- I am *not* disinclined to take an Apple -- any ideas?

For what it's worth, I'm in a similar position, but I'm waiting
for the release of the Mac on Intel laptops (speculation suggests
Jan/Feb 2006), before making a decision.

I'm told that MAC educational discounts are significant.

If the Mac on Intel price/performance proves disappointing, I'm inlined
to go down the relatively safe IBM/Lenovo Stinkpad route (again).

Dave