[Wylug-discuss] NTL Outage

Darran Rimron darran at xalior.com
Fri Feb 4 12:36:45 GMT 2005

James Holden wrote:

> Hrm... no sign of it here (Leeds).

I got it here (Harrogate) at about 19h00 last night, fiddled with stuff
this end for a while and then rang NTL, and hung up - engaged. Never a
good sign.  Upon, literally, my 20th or so attempt, I got thru and the
engineer^Wreceptionist didn't even ask for my details he just said, to
quote, "A Nationwide Outage, they hoped it have most of it back online
before 9pm".

At about 20h15 it all came back, fine. But at 21h03 NTLtelly went on the
fritz (time known so precicely as was watching ER on E4 ;)  ) and the
box told us that we had no channels, check the cable was plugged in and
if so, powercycle it.  That lasted for about 10 minutes and, touch wood,
everything has been froody ever since....

-D