[Wylug-discuss] NTL Outage

Martin Rowe linux at dbg400.net
Fri Feb 4 18:38:59 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 12:36, Darran Rimron wrote:
> James Holden wrote:
> > Hrm... no sign of it here (Leeds).

TV & broadband disappeared in Wetherby at 7pm last night, TV was back on the
dot at 9pm. I managed to get hold of ntl on the phone just after 7, but
instead of the usual run around with numbers to access their menu system I
got through to a real person almost straight way. Their ETA for
reconnection was 9pm, so at least telly was on target. Broadband came back
on at 8:30 this morning, but I had to re-register my firewall with the set
top box as they'd put me on internal connection only. According to a phone
message from early this morning, the outage was due to a power failure at
their Leeds centre.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities     \ /