[Wylug-discuss] nice welcome back

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 17:28:33 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> It was nice to see some old^H^H^H familiar faces last night.  Good to
> see that the quality of the talks is still high.
>
> Sorry I had to shoot off, but I'd already been up over 16 hours. Now
> that I've got more time I'll be attending more often and next month
> I'll be going for a drink too.

you didn't miss much last night - the Vic was closed! (Just what is it
with WYLUG and PUB closing down????). Went on to the George, that was
noisy and had limited "beer". The recently renamed Portman (ex. hog's
head?) was a better bet - those with staying power moved on there.

Anyone know for definite what is happenning to the vic?

Jim