[Wylug-discuss] Mandrake and WinXP

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:11:59 GMT 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, James Holden wrote:

> Dunno really. Grub is smarter and more functional than MS's boot stuff.
> It makes sense to me to have it as early as possible.

Perhaps.

> Also, Ben wanted his Linux partition on his second disk, not his second
> partition. I think Grub makes this easier, and you don't have to rely on
> the MS MBR working properly to boot Linux.

It works just fine (having tried it for a laugh).  If you use a secondary GRUB
boot loader, than you only have to trust it to boot GRUB, which it's more than
capable of.

> I'm nearing Friday afternoon syndrome though, so I might be talking
> cobblers.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your style...

jh

--
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
                                                      -- Voltaire