[Wylug-discuss] Re: Linux on laptop

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:46:48 GMT 2005

Hi

> I am about to buy a laptop and plan to use only Linux on it! I
> experienced a lot of hassle with the support of components and
> features by Linux, so does anyone give me an advice which brand
> which laptop goes best? Maybe someone has got already really good
> experience with a specific model!?

IBM have improved a lot recently and the price has gone down.

http://www.pc.ibm.com/europe/thinkpad/compare/en/thinkpad.html?uk

  I'm a Clevo fan - http://www.clevo.com.tw/ - really nice ATI
graphics cards.  Panasonic and Sony seem to be the best but you might
have to sell the house to get one :)  My usual advice is not to buy a
new one.  Get them second hand from Ebay or ....

http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/

for example :)

Regards

--