[Wylug-discuss] ADSL Router/Switch Recommendation?

Michael Pye michael at ulimit.org
Thu Jul 21 15:02:28 BST 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 01:35:54PM +0100, Dave Fisher wrote:
> I need to replace some failed kit urgently.
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap multi-port ADSL router, based on direct
> personal experience?
>
> I'd prefer the router itself to include a decent firewall, 4 ports and
> (ideally) wireless capability.

I recently bought the Ozenda 11g based on the fact it was on the PC Pro
A list for wireless adsl routers. Been very impressed with it so far.
Good firewall and lots of options for port forwarding/dmz and special
applications. It includes dhcp server/snmp monitoring/QoS for
bandwidth/dyndns updates. It seems to be based on the SMC Barricade ADSL
router.

Not tried wireless yet but several reviews say its range and security
features are good.

reviews:
http://www.pcw.co.uk/computeractive/hardware/2013599/ozenda-11g-wireless-adsl-firewall
http://www.compshopper.co.uk/shopper/reviews/72794/ozenda-11g-wireless-adsl-firewall-router.html