[Wylug-discuss] ADSL Router/Switch Recommendation?

Neil Pilgrim linux at kepier.clara.net
Thu Jul 21 15:16:59 BST 2005

Dave Fisher wrote:
> I need to replace some failed kit urgently.
> Can anyone recommend a cheap multi-port ADSL router, based on direct
> personal experience?

Well mine wasn't cheap (bt voyager 2100 IIRC, aka a 2wire-branded box).
My Dad recently bought the speedtouch 580, and seems to have been ok -
at least for the ethernet he's used so far.

> I'd prefer the router itself to include a decent firewall, 4 ports and
> (ideally) wireless capability.

Well the 580 has that, but its only indirect experience I have with it.
Guess you've probably seen the reviews pages on adslguide.org?
(eg. http://www.adslguide.org/hardware/reviews/2005/q2/speedtouch580.asp)

BTW, anybody any experience with freedom2surf broadband?

--
Neil