[Wylug-discuss] ADSL Router/Switch Recommendation?

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Thu Jul 21 19:00:44 BST 2005

On 21 Jul 05, Dave Fisher (wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk) wrote:
> I need to replace some failed kit urgently.
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap multi-port ADSL router, based on direct
> personal experience?

I picked up a Linksys WRT54GS from PC world last night (ADSL + 4
ethernet and wireless). It works fine, usual linksys web configuration
:), firewall, MAC accept/deny list on the wireless side, and it groks
WPA. The inbound firewall looks OK but there's no way to set default
drop/deny on outbound traffic (through the adsl link).

Now if I could just get fedora to accept wireless...  [works on gentoo]

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter on jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."
  -- Melissa O'Brien