[Wylug-discuss] Q2: PDC style setup (repost)

lee at leeevans.org lee at leeevans.org
Tue May 17 13:35:14 BST 2005

Hi Gary,

Distinguishing between which bits of a profile [docs / temp files etc] you do
and don't want to store server-side might not be so easy.

The 'simplest' way to do it would be to use a Samba system as DC and setup
roaming profiles. You'll get everything copied to the server with the advantage
of 'hotdesking' ability.

it's relatively straight forward and reliable - try this:

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-pdc.html

regards

lee