[Wylug-discuss] Linux on RAID

Tim Fletcher tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk
Tue May 17 15:33:16 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 14:06 +0100, Andy Macdonald wrote:
> I've had some problems trying to install Novell (Suse Linux)
> Enterprise Server on Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy RX100 with hardware
> mirrored dual discs. This has a 'Promise' RAID controller that is not
> supported by the 2.6 kernal apparently.

It's not a real RAID card, it uses the driver software to make the raid
work, you can use the linux software RAID system to drive both disks in
a RAID1 set instead of the promise drivers

--
Tim Fletcher
Learning Technologies Manager - Parrs Wood High School

tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk

Tel: 0161 445 8786

Tim Fletcher
C/O Parrs Wood Technology College