[Wylug-discuss] Linux and Active Directory

Dave Brotherstone davebrotherstone at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:55:03 BST 2005

I've setup a win2k network with Linux and bind doing the DNS for
active directory (you just need dynamic updates enabled from the Win2k
servers, and a few extra entries, there's stuff easily locatable from
google about it), and it was 10 times more reliable than the pure
win2k network we had.  Can't recommend it enough from that side.  I
wasn't hanging any samba shares off the same network though, just
getting linux to do the "hard" bit :)

Dave.