[Wylug-discuss] Fwd: Software patents

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Tue May 31 14:01:02 BST 2005

The FFII are trying to get one of their people to come up to the meeting on
Friday. They suggest we hold the meeting after 2pm at the offices of
Eleventeenth, an SME based in Wakefield.

That's fine by me, but may be inconvenient for some of you. If transport is an
issue, I'm happy to give a lift to up to four people.

Here's the email that the FFII have just sent me which has links to some
useful info.

------------------------
Hello Phil

My FFII email is acting up so i'm just dropping you a
reply from this yahoo account.  (please also reply to
coordinator at ffii.org.uk)

I'm going to suggest inviting Diana Wallis to a
meeting at Eleventeenth, an SME based in Wakefield
with 17 employees, after 2 pm this friday. Marcus
Dyson is the owner and weve been in touch with him
over the last two months.  I've ok'ed this with
Marcus, you can read his testimony on
www.protectinnovation.org, and he can attend even if
its not held there.

Based on Rufus's trip to the EU-Parl in Brussels with
8 UK companies last week, we've concluded that the
most effective tactic now is for 3-5 SMEs to invite
MEPS to meet in one of the SMEs offices in their
region.

We had a meeting between last Weds between Diana
Wallis, Aidan Mcguire (Bluefountain 26 employees) and
David Chan of Clocksoft and i'll forward details of
that shortly.

I will ask either David or Aidan (as well as, if
possible, Rufus) to contact you today or tomorrow. Do
you have an out of hours contact/mobile number?

I've asked if James or Rufus can attend on friday and
will get back to you a.s.a.p. More info below

regards

Gavin

FYI
The Amendments analysis is here
http://wiki.ffii.org/Plen05En

With links to

Technical Contribution
http://wiki.ffii.org/JuriKontrib0505En

Technical
http://wiki.ffii.org/JuriTech0505En

Note the rating system "++" and "+" for FFII favoured
analysis
This is fine to go to all MEPs

There isn't a 'shortlist' yet although that is what I
understand is happening in JURI now. I will drop u
more info as I get it today.

eleventeenth
Wakefield Media Centre
19 King Street