[Wylug-discuss] Fwd: Software patents

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue May 31 14:17:10 BST 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:59:48PM +0100, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> The FFII are trying to get one of their people to come up to the meeting on
> Friday. They suggest we hold the meeting after 2pm at the offices of
> Eleventeenth, an SME based in Wakefield.
>
> That's fine by me, but may be inconvenient for some of you. If transport is an
> issue, I'm happy to give a lift to up to four people.

It may be too inconvenient for me.

If I'm in a minority of one, I'd like to reconsider your offer of
transport, but I'm pretty unhappy about the extra time required and the
added complexity of having to fit in with other peoples' obviously
well-advanced plans.

I'm more than willing to go with the majority when I've heard the
arguments and had a say, but it's difficult to get enthusiastic about
playing the role of cheerleader for something I don't know about that's
already been cooked-up elsewhere.

Dave