[Wylug-discuss] [Announcing] York Linux Users Group Install Day

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Fri Nov 11 21:11:37 GMT 2005

Install Day 2005
Saturday 12th November

Where? The install day will take place on the University of York campus,
in room G/045. That's in Goodricke college, which is room 24 on the map
(http://york.lug.org.uk/campusmap.shtml)

What's an install day? At an install day, you can find out more about
Linux from YLUG members, and if you choose to you can bring your own
computer along to have Linux installed. There will be lots of assorted
Linux machines around for you to have a look at.

Should I bring my machine? Yes! We'll have networking equipment and an
internet connection (honest!), and will be quite enthusiastically in
favour of installing Linux on your machine (with your consent, of
course). If you're going to bring your machine along, you should read
the notes about that.

What will you install? Ubuntu Linux, alongside any existing operating
system.

Who should come? Everybody is welcome to come along and see what's going
on. You don't have to be a computer guru!

Will there be free stuff? There will be a couple o' thousand Ubuntu CDs
available for anyone who wants them. We've also recieved generous
freebies from O'Reilly (Thanks to Josette for that!) which will be
raffled off on the day
Schedule
Tuesday 8th November 19:00-21:30 - PL/002

Meeting and talks
Saturday 12th November 10:00-?? - G/045

Install day proper
Sunday 13th November 11:00-15:00 G/045

Post-install support session

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter on jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."