[Wylug-discuss] Mail agents

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:25:54 GMT 2005

I was interested in the comment about mutt(?) and multiple roles.  In
case anyone wants this facility with a gui reader, this is how I handle
it in kmail.

In the kmail settings > Identities page I set up multiple identities,
each with the required id for message purposes, and even email address.
Take for instance my role in a wiki admin group.  The id that handles
that does not bear any of my own email addresses, but one that goes to
the wiki server and is distributed to the whole group.

The identities are associated with particular folders, and in the
properties of the folder I set all replies to be kept with the original
message.  In the same place I set it so that any message originating
from that folder will use the twiki group identity.  In addition,
because it is not only communication within the group, but with other
users of the wiki, the identity is set to bcc the admin group.

Mails that go out that way have no pointer to me unless you examine the
full headers, and it guarantees that the admin group are fully aware of
all that's happening.

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org