[Wylug-discuss] November Meeting and Future Talks

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 15:37:18 BST 2005

On Monday 24 Oct 2005 14:10, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I do have a couple of arm-twisted offers to talk about mutt and pine
> respectively.
>
> It would be really good if we could turn this into a comparative
> session on email clients with 10 minutes each on Evolution,
> Thunderbird, Pine, Mutt, Squirrelmail, OpenWebMail, etc.  Any takers?

I could manage a few minutes on why I come back to kmail.

> Suggested Talk Topics
> =====================
>
> I hope to set up some kind of categorising and 'voting' procedure to
> let us prioritise these topics in future,

Good idea.

> * Printer setup, especially network access

I'm no expert, but I do use samba printing across the family lan, linux
to linux, linux to windows, windows to linux.  I could manage a few
minutes on that - both using Mandriva wizards and CLI setup of cups
server, I think.

The problem I have at the moment is the lack of decent drivers for the
laptop display, which I assume is what caused the display problem last
meeting.  If I can't resolve this in time it could make it difficult if
not impossible to do the kmail talk.  Maybe lots of screen shots?
Still, I'll think about that if it's needed.

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org