[Wylug-discuss] Distro-specific material.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 10:51:28 BST 2005

I am not interested in 'pushing' Mandriva as a distro - it does not suit
everyone, any more than any other distro does.  However, if there is
any interest in knowing more about the distro, the following may be of
interest:
<quote>
Mandriva material for Linux User Groups

Do you represent a Linux User Group (LUG)? Will you be organising a
Linux-related event soon? If so, please contact us! We can provide
you with Mandriva-related material which you can distribute to your
members during the event. Contact us at lugs at mandrivalinux dot
org.
</quote>

Of course it may turn out to be nothing more than advertising material,
of no use to us at all.  However, if it helps I'm willing to find out
more about this and evaluate it, referring to other list members if it
looks possibly useful.

Maybe other distros do something similar?  I'm thinking only on the
lines of the difficulty of knowing what distro would best suit your
needs.  Not that anyone but the individual can make the final decision.

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org