[Wylug-discuss] DNS Hosting Provider recommendations

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 12:54:47 BST 2005

Has anyone any particular favourite DNS hosting providers?

I'd like to find one that is:-
      * Relatively cheap for a few domains
      * Allows near arbitrary DNS zone content (ie does not restrict me
        to just an A for www and an MX record, but lets me define names
        with A/MX/CNAME/TXT etc records)
      * Reliable
      * Has a degree of technical competence
      * Has staff that do not bring out my psychopathic streak.

I don't necessarily need mail/web/whatever services.  I definitely do
not want a service which makes me push mail from those domains through
their servers.

I would go with the cheapest local web hosting provider I know
(web-mania - £20 per year for 500MB space, 6GB transfer, MySQL, perl,
PHP, ssh access - see http://www.web-mania.com/ ), but their DNS
services are rather ropey.

	Nigel.