[Wylug-discuss] DNS Hosting Provider recommendations

Chris Davies chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 14:15:54 BST 2005

I can recommend NamesCo (www.names.co.uk)

> I'd like to find one that is:-
>       * Relatively cheap for a few domains

Approx GBP 6 for two year registration, thereafter approx GBP 20 for two year
renewals. These prices include VAT.

>       * Allows near arbitrary DNS zone content (ie does not restrict me
>         to just an A for www and an MX record, but lets me define names
>         with A/MX/CNAME/TXT etc records)

A, MX, CNAME, TXT all controllable from a web form.

>       * Reliable
>       * Has a degree of technical competence
>       * Has staff that do not bring out my psychopathic streak.

Seems pretty ok on all three fronts to me.

> I don't necessarily need mail/web/whatever services.  I definitely do
> not want a service which makes me push mail from those domains through
> their servers.

These criteria are also satisfied with NamesCo.

Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069