[Wylug-discuss] October meeting......

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 14:36:48 BST 2005

Well funny old world......

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Jim Jackson wrote:

> We have had a long standing offer of a talk for October from a US outfit
> Coraid Inc.
>
> http://www.coraid.com/
>
> who are coming over for the UK Linux World 5-6 October
>
> http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/
>
> The talk is on "EtherDrive - open source network storage" is also a bit
> esoteric, and I'm wondering whether it's worth them hanging on in the UK and
> coming north for a meeting where we might not make an audience of 20.
>
> I'm minded to cancel. Any comments?

....Never mind me minded to cancel, After a couple of emails badgering
them, it turns out THEY aren't coming to linuxworldexpo afterall and so
can't attend at our next meeting.

So No speakers for October.

OK do we have a few people prepared to just talk for 10-15mins
about their favorite Linux application, or what they use Linux for?

If not them I'll be declaring a wylug pub meeting in the Victoria.

cheers
Jim