[Wylug-discuss] CMS/Blog - Any recommendations?

Darran Rimron darran at xalior.com
Thu Aug 3 13:04:25 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 12:09 +0100, James Holden wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:18:50AM +0000, Robert Postill wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking to see if anone has a recommendation for a lightweight CMS/Blog.  I'm looking to host it on my cheapo (free) webspace, therefore I'm looking for:
> > * Something in Perl or PHP
> > * MySQL DB support
> > * No need to chmod a bunch of directories to 777
> > So if you know something that fits the bill I'm all ears :)
> > Robert
>
> Wordpress?

First stop for any blog, _always_ wordpress.

More themes than you can shake a stick at, good web-console, easy to
use, easy to setup, easy to maintain, pretty regular updates,
optional .htaccess use, flexible URL schemas, more plugins than you can
shake a stick at, and pretty light on the sysreqs, especially for shared
hosting....

Only after you've dismissed this should you be looking elsewhere :)

-Dx