[Wylug-discuss] Display oddity

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 17:09:51 GMT 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Just wondering whether this is a common problem :-)
>
> I have a new Samsung LCD monitor.  AutoAdjust sets the display nicely, which
> is just as well, because so far I haven't had much success with the manual
> setup.  However, I use a KVM, and whenever I switch back from my second
> display I find that the display is slightly shifted to the right.  Anything
> with a scroll bar has to be hitched over to the left.  I can AutoAdjust
> again, of course.
>
> Is this a common problem?

I've not seen it, you'd expect that to work.  Perhaps it's not saving the
setting (and seeing a mode switch).  Is there nothing in the menus that allow
you to save a setup?  Switching to DVI-D thankfully makes all alignment
problems go away, but it's not much use if you've got an existing KVM.

jh

--
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very
  narrow field."                                      -- Neils Bohr