[Wylug-discuss] Next Meeting: Mon 09 Jan 2006

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 13:19:50 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Ive not had any offers of talks on any subject for the next meeting, but
the meeting is definitely on at 7.00 pm in Leeds University's Stoner
Building. As usual, the room will be open from at least 6.30 for tea,
coffee and chat.

I'll be writing a longer piece shortly about plans for the coming year,
but I wanted to send out this brief note to confirm that the meeting is
still on and to make a general appeal for speakers.

It would be great if there were someone with a ready talk for next week,
but if people need a bit more time to prepare themselves, it would still
help me to plan the 2006 schedule, if people could volunteer ASAP.

We've no shortage of suggested topics, what we need are volunteers.

Teasing out speakers has proved more difficult and time-consuming than
I'd expected when I took on the organisers job.  I'm happy to give
over more time and thought in 2006 than I'd allowed for in 2005, but I
still need help and volunteers.

At this stage I'm appealing for talk offers on any topic at all,
especially from more experienced members who could turn their hands to a
wide range of topics, i.e. it would really help me if I knew of a few
experienced folk who could talk on several topics from the vast list
of suggestions that members have made over the last 6 months.  I'll be
sending out a reminder of the list later.

In closing, I'd also like to remind potential speakers that
advanced/esoteric talks are just as wanted as the stuff for beginners.
So, if you've got a little project on the go, or just a bee in your
bonnet about something, come on, tell us about it.

Dave

P.S. If I don't get any volunteers for next week, I threaten to talk
myself (probably on video encoding and recording) ... you have been
warned!