[Wylug-discuss] KDE

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Tue Jan 3 10:13:52 GMT 2006

On Monday 02 Jan 2006 17:25, Smylers wrote:
> As a (not entirely satisfied) Gnome user I found the following article
> on KDE to be informative and interesting.  It told me things I genuinely
> didn't know about KDE and highlights specific features, some of which
> genuinely sound useful:
>
>   http://www.terra.es/personal/diegocg/kde/
>
> It hasn't persuaded me to switch (I've tried it before and never been
> entirely satisfied), but if the next time I make a serious effort to get
> Gnome how I'd like it fails then I'd be prepared to give it a go.
>
> Also, I'd be very interested in actually seeing a demonstration of these
> kind of things.  Is there a KDE power user on this list who'd be
> prepared to do a show and tell at a feature Wylug meeting?
>
> Oh, and happy new flame-war, um ... I mean year, to all Wyluggers!
>
> Smylers

I've been using gnome for the last >2 years (previously I used KDE) I thought
if you are going to make a judgement about something try using it everyday.
I've just gone back to KDE and I have to say its a breath of fresh air.
Apparently gnome strictly adheres to useability guidelines but I don't know
who those users are because I find KDE is much more intuitive.

<flamevest-on>
 As Linus says "Just use KDE"
</flamevest-off>

 Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments, thanks.