[Wylug-discuss] KDE

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 15:07:09 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 09:29 +0000, Smylers wrote:
> > kmail for mail ,
>
> I'm less attached to Mutt than I am to Vim, but I can't imagine
> switching to something that isn't console-based.  For a start, I want to
> be able to run it over SSH in a terminal.

Oddly enough I've not had to do this in many years - I use IMAP for all
my mail stores and a GUI on top (normally evolution, but the family box
at home uses thunderbird).

However when I spent a month or so trying other methods of working back
around October I found that Kmail was a complete deal breaker for me.
How did they managed to make such a crap IMAP implementation?

Add to this that the palm sync is really very broken for palm devices of
recent vintage and I ran away screaming back to evolution.

If it wasn't for that I'd probably have stuck with KDE at least for a
few months.

	Nigel.