[Wylug-discuss] DNS hosting recommendations

Chris James mail at chrisjames.me.uk
Fri Jan 6 02:48:48 GMT 2006

Zoneedit.com is probably what you want, and for a small number of domains
it's free. I've been using them personally for about 5 years and can only
remember one instance of serious downtime. I also use them in a professional
capacity for several hundred domains without any issue.

Have also used Widge.net and dnspark.com which both seem ok. Easydns.com is
meant to be decent.

Closer to home Gradwell offers it
http://www.gradwell.com/products/domain_management.php
If you'd prefer to deal with zone files rather than a web gui then
Bytemark's £15 VPS will allow you to use their scripts to load your zones in
to their system (www.bytemark.co.uk)

If you're happy just editing A, CNAME, MX and TXT records, and want an all
in one domain reg & dns hosting set up my current favourite is 4dreg.com

:)

Chris.

On 1/5/06, Nigel Metheringham < Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk>
wrote:

> Has anyone any recommendations for DNS hosting?
>
> Ideally I want a reliable hosting setup who can host a small number of
> DNS zones for me.  I would like to be able to provide arbitrary DNS data
> - not worried if it is through a GUI or by passing the appropriate zone
> files across, but I need more flexibility than the standard package
> which just allows you to set an overall A record and an MX record.
>
> A reasonable price would be nice too - don't need a pile of other web
> hosting and stuff with it (although will consider that if the deal is
> right - its the DNS I really need hosting).
>
>     Nigel.

Chris James