[Wylug-discuss] DNS hosting recommendations

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Fri Jan 6 16:55:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:29:08PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Has anyone any recommendations for DNS hosting?
>
> Ideally I want a reliable hosting setup who can host a small number of
> DNS zones for me.  I would like to be able to provide arbitrary DNS data
> - not worried if it is through a GUI or by passing the appropriate zone
> files across, but I need more flexibility than the standard package
> which just allows you to set an overall A record and an MX record.
>
> A reasonable price would be nice too - don't need a pile of other web
> hosting and stuff with it (although will consider that if the deal is
> right - its the DNS I really need hosting).

Blackcat Networks provide DNS secondaries for my domains.  I don't know
if they will also provide primaries, but it might be worth asking.

    http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/

I get secondaries for up to 100 domains for 10 quid + VAT per year.
The secondaries are controlled by sending gpg signed emails to them
(to add domains, etc).

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,