[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-help] Lost network printing

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:00:48 GMT 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 Jan 2006 16:43, John Hodrien wrote:
>>
>> But if the client.conf is specifying a different server, than all of
>> the rest of the config files on the client machine should be
>> irrelevent.  Has anything been changed on the server?
>>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.
> The /etc/cups/client.conf says that the server is
> anne-linux.lydgate.net - which is exactly the same as box 'david' and
> box 'chameleon' say, and they all print.

All I was saying is that on a client that isn't running a server, the
client.conf is the only file you have worry about, and that's correct.  We've
verifed that printing is in fact fine on that machine (as far as CUPS is
concerned) and it's KDE that's confused.  As to why...

jh

--
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."   -- Anon.