[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-help] Using GPG

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 19:42:12 GMT 2006

On Saturday 14 Jan 2006 19:19, Mike Goodman wrote:

> Will my correspondent also have to have gpg installed and configured?

GPG or PGP.

> Should I export my public key to a file and send them that as an
> attachment?

That, or put in on a web page somewhere for them to download.

Then of course you both have to set up your MUAs to use it, and don't
forget to encrypt to self, or you won't be able to read what you told
him last time you spoke to him.

> Can I export it directly (from the command line) to their
> email address?
>
> I've read the documentation which led to some pgp documentation from
> where I borrowed my new signature - appropriate in this instance! I
> think I've half understood it, hence:

This wiki page is distinctly kmail-centric, but you may find that it
helps you understand what's happening.

http://mandriva.vmlinuz.ca/index.php/Desktop_Apps/MUA/Kmail

Anne