[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-help] Using GPG

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 10:32:45 GMT 2006

On Sunday 15 Jan 2006 00:19, Smylers wrote:

> You'll note that the Subject: line has 2 Wylug mailing list tags in
> it. The first was added when Mike posted his question on Wylug Help,
> and the second when you responded to it on Wylug Discuss.

Thanks for pointing it out.  I hadn't realised that it was doing that.

As you know, I use kmail, and its mailing list handling is perfect, as
long as only one list is stored in the appropriate folder.  There are
two problems, though.

First, if you don't set the folder to 'Holds a mailing list' you are
liable to forget to check the To: setting, because the other list
folders handle it properly.

If you do set it to 'Holds a mailing list' but give it all three list
addresses, as in the case of wylug, it seems that it is not smart
enough to reply to the list that the message originated from.  Maybe
that has already been addressed in the latest version - I don't know.

Meanwhile, I've removed the list setting.  Thanks again.

Anne