[Wylug-discuss] KDE

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 12:35:34 GMT 2006

Smylers wrote:
> John Hodrien writes:
>
>> I agree, very Inferno.  This is the sort of thing that could be all
>> wired in through Fuse though so that it ends up being at a lower
>> level.
>
> Inferno?  Fuse?  Please elaborate ...

I seemingly ignored this.  Inferno: http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/index.html.
  Everything's a file, well sort of, and you don't really present a filesystem
to a program, you provide a program namespace (which can be different on a
per-process basis).

FUSE:

http://fuse.sourceforge.net/

Userspace filesystem fun.  Looks nothing short of thoroughly entertaining.

>> What does KDE use for audio these days?
>
> Do you mean Amarok (already mentioned a few times here), or something
> more low level?

I meant more low level.  I presume it's arts (with whatever Kapitalisation they
want).

jh