[Wylug-discuss] Re: Alan Cox Lecture, Sheffield, Feb 4th

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 22:59:04 GMT 2006

Hi

>If anyone wants a lift down to Sheffield from Leeds on the 4th I
> have 2 (or 3 at a squash) free places in my car. I'll be coming
> back to Leeds after the morning session, so if you want to stay for
> the afternoon, you'll have to make your own way back.

Just to add on to Phil's comments above.

The afternoon session is planned to be more like our normal LUG
meeting but Alan Cox will be around until about 17.00 and Megan Larko
will do a longish presentation about her work for NASA.  Both of them
want to meet each other and so you might witness an interesting and
witty conversation.

The Sheffield Midland station is just next to the meeting room for the
afternoon.  It's also close to the East Ocean Seafood restarant that
we plan to go to after 17.00.  So, no problem for anyone from Leeds
to get back after dinner either.  Later on we will probably wander
over to some smoke free place that serves Belgian and British beer on
tap.

Hope this helps someone :)

--
Richard