[Wylug-discuss] Sound Recordings

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Tue Jan 31 13:53:38 GMT 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, James Holden wrote:

> That's all a really good effort :-) Perhaps we could consider it for
> WYLUG meetings at some point in the future.
>
> Just a couple of points though...
>
>  - What's a .cdr file? What can you use to burn them to disc?

From the sox man page....

       .cdr      CD-R
                 CD-R files are used in mastering music  on  Com­
                 pact  Disks.  The audio data on a CD-R disk is a
                 raw audio file with a format  of  stereo  16-bit
                 signed samples at a 44khz sample rate.  There is
                 a special blocking/padding oddity at the end  of
                 the  audio file and is why it needs its own han­
                 dler.

HTH
Jim