[Wylug-discuss] special treatment of /usr/local on linux?

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Mon Jul 24 13:57:16 BST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 13:03, Jason Lander wrote:
> > This fails to run on my machine because it tries to pick up library
> > from /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/llib
>
> I think Python searches in directories defined by the
>
>     PYTHONPATH
>
> environment variable, not PATH.
>
> - Jason

 Thanks this was the problem.

Unfortunately PYTHONPATH just seems to add to sys.path. So far the only way
I've been able to remove /usr/local from the search path is to set sys.path
in the app :(

  Cheers,

        dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.