[Wylug-discuss] Fwd: Early Day Motion in the House of Commons

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Thu Nov 23 01:30:55 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 13:13, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> Leslie Fletcher, who spoke to us at last month's meeting has asked me to
> forward this message to WYLUG members:
>
> Dear UKUUG/LUG member
>
> John Pugh MP has tabled an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons
> entitled "Software in Schools", number 179. Please write to, or email,
> your MP within the next week with a request that (s)he add his/her name
> to this motion.
>
> I would be grateful if you could keep me informed about the letters you
> send and replies you receive.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Leslie Fletcher
>
> Leslie.Fletcher at ukuug.org

Consider me convinced. I'll start bothering the politicos tomorrow. It's not
just cost savings either. Less mouse use is a good thing in my view with RSI
becoming more common in children. More terminals can only be a good thing.

As for children and Linux - my 3 and 5 year old children "love" tuxpaint and
don't insist on me putting OSX back on their mac all the time. Just some of
the time.

Shaun Laughey.