[Wylug-discuss] sound recording

Andy Macdonald andy at greenhead.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 14:45:26 GMT 2006

Dave,

I've wanted to get round to digital recording for a while, so I'm very interested in your questions and the answers you are getting.

I use a Sure SM58 and it seems very reliable, rugged with good sound at a reasonable price. Ask any musician who uses microphones and I think they'll say the same - it is an almost legendary piece of hardware in its niche.

I plan to try out the SM58 connected directly into my 12" Apple PowerBook with GarageBand and see how that works out in a pub setting (The Shoulder of Mutton music night, every Wednesday, Lockwood, Huddersfield), but haven't yet ... not Linux but at least BSD UNIX + Apple bits ...

Andy Mac