[Wylug-discuss] sound recording

Andy Macdonald andy at greenhead.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 14:25:16 GMT 2006

Dave,

I've wanted to get round to digital recording for a while, so I'm very interested in your questions and the answers you are getting.

I use a Sure SM58 and it seems very reliable, rugged with good sound at a reasonable price. Ask any musician who uses microphones and I think they'll say the same.

I plan to try out the SM58 connected directly into my 12" Apple PowerBook with GarageBand software and see how that works out in a pub setting (The Shoulder of Mutton music night, every Wednesday, Lockwood, Huddersfield), but haven't yet ... it seems to give reasonable recordings at home. The dedicated devices look nice and compact but rather pricey (cheaper than a PowerBook though!).

--
Andy Mac