[Wylug-discuss] ipv4/6 broker and adsl supplier

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 12:51:35 BST 2007

Hi all,

following up Jim's talk, you can get a free ipv4 tunnel to the ipv6
network for playing with from home via BT: https://tb.ipv6.btexact.com/

It's free to sign up and use, and if you specify that you're using
Linux, they even e-mail you out pre-configured shell scripts.

Also, Black Cat Networks are one adsl supplier I know to offer direct
(non tunnelled) ipv6 connectivity:

http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/services/adsl

I'm sure others exist and more will start cropping up.  I don't use
Black Cat for adsl myself, but do for some other services and they are
lovely.  I'm not affiliated with them in any way, although I do live
with some black cats.

As Jim said, before connecting up to the ipv6 network I'd recommend
brushing up on your ipv6 Netfilter skills (though with such a large
address space, at least you're far less likely to be randomly scanned by
script kiddies).

John.

--
http://johnleach.co.uk